Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How Social Networking Could Kill Web Search as We Know It

Let's assume that I am planning family vacation to Cancun, Mexico during this spring break. I haven't decide anything detail yet.

Okay then, what kind of information we can search from google?
we can search hotels, flight schedule and its price. we could get almost everything we want to know around my destination in detail, what kind of activities are possible or about the food and drinks. even we could watch that place in satellite picture.

There is another example, I have no idea about this family vacation though if I cancel it, my kids will hate me forever.

Alright, just post it on myspace.com or facebook.com then, I could get lots of family vacation idea. they suggest destinations, activities, restaurant and so on. one of good thing is that information is from their experiences. some of them may work for travel agencies or hotels and, they could help me to get special deal.

The point is that even though Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Amazon and others all have elements of this new relationship with users, nobody owns this space the way Google “owns” search. And as it evolves, there will be an unholy mess of privacy and security issues to work out. So in the future, the way we are guided around the Web may look very different from search as we know it. In the meantime, search is not, in fact, dead … yet.

How Social Networking Could Kill Web Search as We Know It

No comments: